Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I am in life

Tomorrow's chains have been broken by passions of the past
I lose myself in this frenzied languid fervor
But this touch won't leave me blind... this time
A smile greets mine, deals my cheeks a royal flush
Another moment pauses, hiding heaven behind her eyes.

Three days edge past, attended by crowds of solitary men
Swearing they're crippled, these martyrs deliver wounds
to the able legs that afflict them.
I issue the promise this razor won't taste my pain again,
Though rivulets of red spill as I join the ranks of the lonely

This leave that was meant to free bound me close
Again the weeks close, their song will not be sung
My heart was bleeding for an aid that wouldn't come
This soul waiting for another tragedy
Quaking hands rattle the cage though I hold the key

More words scramble to hide the thoughts I taste
A glimpse of life sends my mind reeling, but
I plant the seeds of tomorrow in hopes
For more pepper on my over-done dish

Another dawn lights my eyes.

0 comments: